Automated Weekly Newsletter
- Tình trạng: Closed
- Giải thưởng: $100
- Các bài thi đã nhận: 4
- Người chiến thắng: PixelBernie
Tóm tắt cuộc thi
Overview: Cal Coastal is a non-profit that provides a weekly newsletter of relevant articles posted on other websites. Content is curated throughout the week and added to the wordpress website using ‘Press this’ plugin.
Once weekly news is done being curated(typically every thursday night or early friday morning), the newsletter is drafted from a template on Constant Contact. The newsletter is comprised of 6 sections:
Coastal Commission News
Policy and Political
Drought Water & Wetland
Beach & Coastal
Climate Change & Environment.
The way I currently edit the weekly newsletter is as follows:
1) Open Constant contact and create a copy of the previous weeks template
2) Open all the pages on website that are related to Coastal Commission News(this section only has 1): [login to view URL]
3) Count how many articles, x, have been posted since last weeks newsletter
4) Edit HTML to have ‘x’ amount of entires
5) Edit title, HREF, date of article and color of the tab for each article
6) Save and repeat with next section
7) Open all the pages on website that are related to Beach & Costal News(this section has 2) ([login to view URL]) and ([login to view URL]) 8)Count how many articles have been posted during the past week, x=5
9) Edit HTML to have 5 entires
10) Edit title, HREF, date of article and color of the tab for each article
11) Move to next section....
This specific part of the process is cumbersome and tedious, usually requiring 2-3 hours of intense focus each week. I would like to find a way to automate this process.
Các kĩ năng yêu cầu
Phản hồi của người thuê
“Highly recommend! ”
tminusstudios, United States.