Create a stylish design and layout template for a scientific annual report
- Trạng thái: Closed
- Giải thưởng: $500
- Các bài thi đã nhận: 16
- Người thắng cuộc: javimadolell
Tóm tắt cuộc thi
We are looking for really talented graphic designers to help us create a stylish design and compelling but flexible layout scheme for a printed, perfect bound scientific report.
The report is structured into 6 chapters. Each chapter starts with a double introduction page which is followed by several double-page reports.
All double-page reports feature the same common elements (such as scientific personnel, a group image, the images of group leaders, scientific report in two languages, publications, awards and so on)
The design and structure of the report pages should be flexible enough so stylish layout variations can be created while consistent object styles, text styles and infographic elements maintain a coherent design appearance (i.e. we don’t want a rigid template which makes all reports look the same, there should be flexibility but coherence in the design)
The principal design scheme that flows throughout the report should relate to cells, biology, biotechnology, genes, organic matter or similar. In the last edition we used "organic bubbles” designed in Illustrator. Please consult the attached PDF regarding this concept.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
• Have a good look at the example of last year's report to get an idea of what we are talking about and understand the literary, image and infographic content that will be published.
• Design a compelling new design theme for the report which can used used throughout the entire report (like the bubble-scheme in the last report. We need six variations for six chapters.
• Create a new design for the chapter introduction pages that can be easily expanded into six different chapter designs by changing it’s literary and graphics content and colour scheme.
• Create a new design for the double-page scientific reports, with new object styles, text styles and compelling infographic elements, icons, etc.
• Create at least five layout variations of a double-page scientific report to demonstrate the flexibility of of your new design layout.
• Once the designs have been approved you need to create a meticulous Indesign layout template (with text and object style sheets, grids, margins, columns, etc.) to make it as easy for us as possible to fill the report with content while introducing effortlessly layout variations into each report.
• Deliver an Indesign CC2014 file and all necessary image and graphic elements in well layered, editibale .psd and .ai format.
• Accept our deepest gratitude for an outstanding design.
• It’s a scientific report so we need scientific characters and glyphs. Bear this in mind for your font selection.
• For the chapter introduction pages and the double-page scientific reports we are thinking about a refined “iOS 8” design (paying extreme attention to even small details, typography, text styling and distribution, sophisticated infographic icons and a generally flat appearance)
• The new design scheme (what replaces the bubbles) should be related to cells, biology, biotechnology, genes, or organic matter.
• The new design scheme is more like a metaphor and should not represent anything easily identifiable as this could lead to erroneous interpretations (Example: the bubble have a molecular or organic touch while being unclear about it. A clearly defined carbon molecule chain however could offer an erroneous context and might not work).
May we suggest minimalist, etherial, abstract feather fractal designs. They might allow for great visual impact, colour variations, convey an organic, biological message while being sufficiently etherial and abstract to be interpreted erroneously. But please don’t feel limited by this suggestion there are surely many more and better design possibilities, we are fully open to other design suggestions.
We are looking for a truly high design standard and the design quality of the last report must be improved by large. If you have questions please feel free to ask.