Design a Website Mockup for My Indie Music Blog
- Tình trạng: Closed
- Giải thưởng: $100
- Các bài thi đã nhận: 4
- Người chiến thắng: Soniyakumar
Tóm tắt cuộc thi
I have a moderately popular music blog hosted at http://www.lowerfrequencies.com
Here is what we do. We post one song a day that we think people will like. Our homepage features the "Track of the day" but you can see all of our tracks by going to "Recent Tracks" or to "Loved Tracks" (this part only features the tracks we really really love. Each track posting involves the album art, a brief review/blurb, the streaming mp3 and a link to where someone can go download the track legally. That is pretty much the gist of the site. With a redesign, I'd like to branch out just a tiny bit more. I would still like the homepage to feature the track of the day and I would like that to be the spotlight of the site. But. I would also like it to have more a blog feel (on the homepage). Maybe we can have a track of the day, but that doesn't mean we only post one track a day.
The current design is unique, but as you can see a little cluttered. You may think that the background makes things hard to read, and it does, but I think it gives the site character. Overall though, the site feels very unprofessional. And if we are ever going to compete with big blogs such as http://www.prettymuchamazing.com or http://www.stereogum.com or http://pigeonsandplanes.com we are going to need to look professional.
So here is what I would like:
- Something that looks professional BUT NOT BUSINESS-LIKE
- Something with character and style. This is an indie music blog. It has to match that feel. Basically, hip, young, avant-garde, weird. These are two great examples: http://www.gorillavsbear.net http://www.portalsmusic.com
- Something that expands our media. We are not just a normal wordpress blog, so adhere to the track a day system explained above. But also make it so we have the freedom to show off and post whatever we want.
- Original logos that can establish a brand
Have fun with it! Thank you so much for your effort even if you do not win the contest. Attached are some images. You might not need any of them.
P.S. WE ARE A WORDPRESS BLOG!!!