Re-design a Hotel Website
- Tình trạng: Closed
- Giải thưởng: $710
- Các bài thi đã nhận: 25
- Người chiến thắng: rashinp
Tóm tắt cuộc thi
Our current website http://www.adventurehotelsofcostarica.com (AHCR) is extremely outdated. The layout is something I did myself in a few hours many many years ago, but I'm not a designer (and I'm sure it shows). We are looking to upgrade it to something more modern-looking. The site does not use any CMS; everything is hand-coded.
First, a little bit about AHCR and what we do:
AHCR was founded back in 2005 by my dad and I as a non-profit hotel association to get a good group of hotel owners to help each other out. Quite often in Costa Rica, hotels will have guests who stay with them that also need accommodation elsewhere in the country. Therefore any hotel who wants to be a member needs to agree that they will recommend other member hotels to their guests when they are looking for a hotel in that area as well as giving a 10% discount off their room rate to any guest who mentions the association when they book. This way, it is incentive for guests to stay at that hotel by giving them a little 10% off bonus and instead of the hotel having to pay a 20-40% commission to a travel agent, the savings stay both with the hotel and with the guest. Therefore, guests need to be able to use the website to find their perfect hotel in Costa Rica and at the same time know that they will be getting a cheaper rate than anywhere else.
This is what we need:
- Create a new layout for the website.
- The bulk of the website is made up of the home page, the hotel pages, the contact page, and we will later be adding an "articles" page where hotels can submit articles for the website, sort of like Wordpress. There is also an administration panel, but it is not necessary to provide a layout that. I am sure I will be able to work it into the rest of the layout(s) somehow. I don't know how many different page styles we will need, but it needs to accommodate at least these mentioned (except admin panel).
- Integrate a Google map into the layout of the main page instead of the map that is there now. Feel free to style it as well if that will make it fit better into the layout and make it look less "generic" (e.g. https://snazzymaps.com/). Note, all of the hotel coordinates and descriptions are stored in a database, so they do not need to be added manually. Feel free to add an example marker using the Google Maps API if you like.
- The site should be designed to actually be useful. We want potential guests who are looking for a hotel to be able to find the perfect hotel that they are looking for in Costa Rica and we want potential hotel owners to also see the usefulness of the site. The fact that all guests who mention AHCR when they make their booking through the hotels' sites save 10% off their room rate is a good incentive use the site and this should be somehow quickly made apparent to them in a non-obtrusive way. Eventually we will also be adding tags/categories and rate ranges to each listing to help potential clients narrow down their search.
- Layout should be responsive.
- Feel free to use a CSS framework (e.g. Bootstrap, which I am already familiar with), and jQuery.
- HTML, styles and scripts should be separated.
- Use of sprites, or even better, scalable vector icons (e.g. Bootstrap's glyphicons or Font awesome, etc) to lower the number of requests to the server should be considered.
- Must be cross-browser compatible with at least IE 8+, Chrome and Firefox.
I suppose I didn't make myself clear about the logo since several people have commented about it. I only attached the logo to show what we are currently using, but feel free to change it. Some people have used the same font as a web font, which I think is a great idea. I could easily use that with all the header (e.g. <h1>, <h2>, etc) elements on the page. However if you have a different idea for the logo, go nuts. It's definitely not something set in stone.
Các kĩ năng yêu cầu
Phản hồi của người thuê
“For our project we received 90 entries from about 30 different designers and this was the winner so I am very satisfied with it. Rashinp (and the entire www.7thpillar.com crew) are great to work with.”
mikerobinson, Costa Rica.