Currently I provide a games community which is a phpbb forum and portal. I provide single player games all built in to the forum code but now I want to offer a multiplayer game. For now I would like to develop a standard 8 ball verion of pool very similar to the one Yahoo offers. It must look very different to the yahoo one, I want a very nice looking game. It must have the following:
- A lobby, a chat room of sort where people can chat and create a new two player or team game. This will have a list of people currently online, an area for chatting, an area for games created ready for people to join.
- The ability to create a new game for people to join, a standard two player game where anyone can join, a 4 player team game (2 v 2) where anyne can join, and also the ability to password the games so that only people with the password can join a game.
- The option of a one player practice game where you just play by yourself, can hit any ball, just a way to get used to the controls and aiming system.
- An aiming system that will show the direction of the white ball before hitting the ball, show the direction of the ball about to be hit and also show the likely direction of where the white ball will head once striking the ball. For an example of this, see yahoo version.
- The ability for users not playing to watch the game.
- A scoring and ranking system. For this I want the rankings to be clear in the lobby, this could be denoted by the colour of usernames. So if a player has a score of 500-750 then there username would be green, 751-1000 it would be gold, etc etc.
- A high score table. This is just a page generated by the game that lists users in the order of highest score to lowest score.
- Somehow the lobby must pull information from the registered user info from the current SQL database. When signing in to the lobby it should do so as the username they are signed in on in the forum. Guests are not allowed to play.
- I need to be able to moderate the lobby, by moderate I mean I need the ability to boot users from it, only myself and users I select should have this permission. I dont need banning as I can do that from the forum control panel. I could also do with the option to edit scores but this is optional.
- Moderators from the forum should have some sort of image next to there name in the lobby to indicate they are a moderator. In a similar way to users usernames being a different colour depending on there ranking.
- I need a "launch page" this would be a web page that has a couple images of the game, a brief description, system requirements, how to play the game and possibly a top 5 user list that updates instantly. This would be the page that is linked to and users would launch the games lobby from.
- The lobby must be compatable with other games if I want to add any to it at a later date. So it might be an idea to have the games as a sort of seperate room from each other, so could have clickable objects denoting what room, ie Pool - room 1, Pool - room 2, game x - room 3 etc etc. But the lobby would only show games that are currently running.
Payment would have to be via paypall, so thats basically an outline of the project. Once this is implemented and running I may ask he winning bidder to make another game for the site. So when bidding please keep in mind it could lead to future work. Hope I have detailed everything here, if not then get in touch.
Look forward to working with one of you!