We have a hardware device that sends data in the form of packets to our server. We already have the message parser that is decoding information from the device and inserting into a sample DB on the server. What we now need you to create is a windows Service of the same message parser application, but the same data has to be manipulated and inserted into another SQL Database. It is extremely simple and we can provide complete protocol documents as well as Technical support.
1. Data from the GPS tracking device will be given in parsed format.
2. Protocol document will be supplied. However, you might not need it as the raw data from the unit is already parsed.
3. A similar sample software will also be given for reference. This is the application for another GPS device, inserting data to the same DB.
4. You will need to make use of the sample software and write this software.
5. I would need this software to run as a windows service listening on a particular port (details will be disclosed at a later stage)
6. Ideally this work would take no more than 5-8 hours of development as there is a sample code of the similar device inserting data to same DB on the same server.
7. Complete source code and description of the coding required.
8. Once the testing is complete, we need the service to be created as a windows service on my server, we will test it and when satisfactory, will release the complete payment.
If delivered on time, I am looking to make use of the same person for my future development of the GPS based vehicle tracking application.