This project is to design additional tables for a relational database in a double entry accounting system, and answer a few implementation questions.
The scope of this project DOES NOT include the effort to create the database tables.
Your work will help us to integrate our custom business management system with a custom accounting system. We are working towards migrating from QuickBooks to this new system.
The deliverables are:
1) a document describing the new tables, columns, data types and relationships
2) a document with the new use cases for all the accounting functions that can be performed using the new tables (and state the associated tables used to perform the action)
3) a document with answers to the implementation questions asked in this scope of work
Machines are rented to customers. At the end of each day, every machine sends their current meter (this is a usage count, like an odometer), and this information is logged into a database. At the end of the billing period, customer usage is calculated by subtracting the meter at the end of the month from the meter at the beginning of the month. The customer is then invoiced for the actual usage during the month.
See an attachment for an example invoice.
See an attachment for an example database table with the machine meters sent daily.
Here are the details for the new tables and the questions to be answered (the scope of work):
1) Design the table(s) necessary and write the use cases for automatically generating a usage-based invoice at the end of each billing period.
The design and use cases must accommodate these scenarios:
a) calculate the usage since the last billing period, and it to the invoice
b) add a line item to provide the customer some credit for free usage (note: allow an admin to add or specify the credit somewhere in the database earlier in the month)
c) add a line item for a fixed rent price
d) add line items for any consumables sent to the customer during the billing period
e) add other charges that accumulate during the month, such as a late fee
2) Document how to account for Stockholder's Equity. There are two ways the Stockholder's Equity accumulates right now. First, the owner injects cash into the business by making a cash deposit into the business bank account. Second, the owner purchases items or services for the business with their personal credit card, and it is treated as a credit to the Stockholder's Equity. This is likely not a new accounting table. The answer to this question likely may be a few use cases.
3) Document how to generate a report for payments to vendors made via both the AP table and Stockholder’s Equity. Right now, reports for showing the spending per vendor only show things that flowed through the AP table.
4) Should the Module Codes be hardcoded or placed in a database table? Please justify your answer.
In your bid/proposal, please describe your previous experience with 1) accounting software and 2) database design.
Được trao cho:
Good day I will design the additional tables and corresponding use cases to integrate with existing accounting database design. Will also answer and motivate additional questions arising from this.
19 freelancer đang chào giá trung bình $197 cho công việc này
155 USD Relevant Skills and Experience I am handling AR [login to view URL] MIS report like Trial balance,P and L , Balance Sheet and cash flow. And Automatically generated Sales voucher through invoice making
as a well qualified accountant with more than 4 years of experience working with complex data and producing quality results, i believe am going to give you just what you need at the right time frame
Hi, I have been working in accounts & taxation for USA, UK based companies for 13 years. I am core member in my company for my knowledge cum work. Seek your positive reply. Thanks