I am looking for a drupal developer to work on Project Lulu. It's a social network site that involves geo tagging and new ways to network. I have had many experiences with hiring developers and have come to the conclusion that the best way - for both sides - is to start slow. I break-down the project in several phases, phases 1 being very basic. So if you agree with this approach and you are an expert with drupal, php, google map's api, the gmap module, the categories module and how it can apply to profiles, please do read on. Lastly, it would help tremendously if you would share with me any implementation examples similar to the specs below.
So here's the high-level functionality I need developed/implemented for Phase 1:
- add category fields (category table should be same as for content types)
- users should be able to create categories on the fly
2. Search, GMAP and location modules
- display users based on zip code and category keywords on a google map
- display list view
- display mini profiles as bubbles on google map to include user thumbnail, username, categories, and a link to the full profile
4. Facebook integration
- Utilize facebook's [url removed, login to view] api
- parse users as site's own base on specified data markers.
This is just the tip of the iceberg. The project is much larger this. So if you are hired and you meet/exceed our expectations you will be guaranteed the next phases of the project.