• Team Goals/Needs
• Goal Value
• Stat Value
• 2017-18 Player and Team Season Statistics
o Traditional Stats
o Misc Stats
o Defense Stats
o Clutch Stats
o Playtype Stats
o Hustle Stats
o Shooting Stats
o Opponent Shooting Stats
o Impact Stats (screen assists, ball deflections, loose balls recovered, ability to cause opponents to make fouls, and contested shots)
• # of Games Per Sprint
• % Improvement Goal (for Recommended Agility Scores/Metrics. Applied either per metric or across the board)
• Method for identifying which stats each team and player in the NBA performs below average…or their lowest ranking stats. This builds the team’s Needs Profile.
• Method for assigning stat value based on stat goal alignment and the analysts rating (e.g. 1-10) using weighted criteria.
• Formula for determining Agility Points rewarded per stat/stat threshold (Fantasy Points formula)
• Formula for determining Recommended Agility Scores or metrics goals for each player (based on past performance and upcoming opponents). For the Player Agility Cards.
• Method for determining which players and which free agents have the highest Agility Score/rating specific to each team’s Needs Profile
In short, my Agile Sports Framework is driven by a simple concept: If athletes are adequately rewarded for doing the things the coach/team needs them to do to achieve team goals, then they will focus less on selfish statistics, such as scoring, and instead will focus on stats that build team synergy, such as hustle stats (steals, charges, diving for loose balls, closing out on shooters, assists, etc). This is achieved through past performance, stat prioritization and weighted criteria.
The Agile Sports Framework refers to the points that are rewarded when delivering these stats as 'Agility Points' (or 'Value Points'), and these points place higher value on stats that drive the teams goals and/or game plan.
In the end, a player can demonstrate that they add as much value to the team's success as perhaps the perceived superstars who are celebrated for their scoring. It also enables a team to have more confidence acquiring players knowing that they have the 'agility' to adapt their performance output to fit the team's needs and/or execute a particular game plan, which makes Agility Points more effective at measuring player compatibility than variations of adjusted plus minus measurements.
FORMULA 1 (Fantasy Sports Formula That Supports Team Goals/Game Plan)
The first formula is similar to Fantasy Sports where players earn Agility Points based on their actual performance in the game. I'm looking for a formula that can normalize the point values of key stats a team tracks, based on how much they drive the team's game plan or goals. For example, if the team has been rebounding poorly, and the coach's game plan is to rebound better, then rebounding will have the same or more value, as say, a two point field goal.
I need a formula that will enable teams to assign (or determine) point values for a unit for each stat, as it pertains to their ability to drive team goals, so that when teams play games, players can earn Agility Points based off their actual performance...earning points as they accumulate stats. I understand that there will be variables to tackle a formula for this, such as stat values, possibly the various team goals which the stats support, possibly actual past performance, etc. It's possible that negative stats, such as turnovers count against players' total Agility Score. Agility Score represents a players' ability to adapt his/her game in order to execute the team's game plan.
FORMULA 2 (Recommended Agility Points Formula)
The second formula will be to identify how many 'Recommended Agility Points' each player (and also the team as a whole) should aim for achieving.
MORE DETAIL WILL BE PROVIDED