We’re building a cross-platform (iOS, Android) e-reader application for graphic novel-style content -- at its basic level, content that dynamically displays static imagery and text overlays. We’d like to build this tool with Unity, effectively building a middleware-based foundation upon which we can easily populate with new content. Lots more detail available upon conversation… but you’ll basically get to help build an awesome e-reader app for use with some really great content.
There’s a ton to tell you about this, but the high-level needs for the app are:
- Localization support
- In-app purchase support (for purchasing new chapters and mini-games)
- Universal menu system
- Multi-track audio
- Keyframe based media queries (audio, video) and style transitions
You will be working under an experienced technical producer and with a staffed creative team. This is a full time gig for 2-3 months, ~200-300 hours total. Fair rate. And potential opportunity for profit sharing and a long-term role for the right person!
- 1+ years Unity experience, both 2D and 3D preferred
- 2+ products shipped
- Experience with localization support and multi-language database queries
- Strong sense of good UX/UI, familiar with the trends
- Proven love of graphic novels, comics, typeface
- Attention to detail
- Good communication
Webby and Emmy Award winning team, potential to easily reach lots of followers/fans. We’ve got some very cool stuff in the pipeline and would love to find the right Unity baller to help us make it happen.
Resume, rate, work samples, fun facts, everything you think will help to: