This is a project that has suffered from lack of time and development. As a result, I am looking externally. The work is urgent and has to be taken seriously so deadlines can be met. Please only apply if you can work hard enough to meet the deadlines stated below. You must have excellent experience with the following:
- XBMC Skin & Addon Development
- Android Development for TV Boxes
- Python / Java / XML /PHP Programming Languages
It's also a plus if you're willing to work on this project after the deadline, for a monthly salary as an example (this can be discussed later).
The deadline of the project is the 3rd of October. If more than one person is required which I can understand, you can let me know and we can work it out between 2 developers.
Here's a list of all the tasks:
:Modify XBMC core for android to add the following functionality:
- Behave like an android launcher (XBMC launches when android device boots)
- Support for external apps: On the home layout icons can be added which link to external apps like Netflix, Youtube etc. (XBMC BUTTON > OPENS EXTERNAL APP)
- Change Splash Screen to our own image
- Set default configuration (Install our custom theme by default, set other small options (view, sort etc by default))
- Initial Setup screen on first run of XBMC: Choose language, choose username for account, choose country.
:XBMC Skin Development (Need a few small changes made to existing skin):
- Change colour of buttons and background
- Remove some of default buttons/items from the layout
- Change layout text/positioning
- Link buttons to Custom Addon
:XBMC Addon Development:
- Need a new custom addon based on the open source Mashup Addon.
- Basically need a simplified version of that addon that lists Movies, TV Shows, Streams from one source and does search - that's it.
:Android Application Development (Using the Android SDK for the hardware, the following needs to be done):
- Initial Setup (When the device first boots, run initial setup app that goes through main settings: Language, Country, Network - connection to wifi/ethernet, Display - brightness etc) - Coding for this is all done, just needs the layout to be in one app.
- Automatic Updates (Whenever the device turns on, It should check our server for updates. If a new firmware update is available, It downloads the android firmware and updates the system)
That's it! Please get in touch as soon as possible as the Deadline is near.
I understand the deadline is a bit impossible for some. Therefore, I have decided the following:
The necessary things (Android development, 30%) can be completed by the 3rd and then extend the deadline for the rest by a few days. I believe that would help.
If anyone has any ideas regarding the deadline, they can also get in touch.