We are seeking cooperation with experienced Electronics Engineers with experience in Digital Signal Processing to build a prototype of an Android OS-based Audio/Loudspeaker Measurement App with an automatic Equalizer.
The project is to build a prototype Android App that emulates an (obsolete) Digital Signal Processing device from 2004 (with last update in 2007).
The prototype can either be build based upon existing (obsolete) embedded software (originally written for Analog Devices BlackFIN BF533) or by mimicking similar functions written for Android.
The software is used in Digital Audio and is for Audio Frequency Measurement.
The software was originally developed in 2004-2007, and is to be re-used in new small-scale Android projects with minor modifications.
TASKS TO BE PERFORMED:
The required tasks are milestone-based and basically comprises of 3 main parts:
1. Design a basic Graphics Layout for the Android App,
2. Port existing BlackFIN BF533 code into Android executable software – or mimicking similar functions with new Android code,
3. Correct minor defects in the original code (mainly removing non-required functions/routines).
REQUIRED SKILLS + EXPERIENCES:
We do prefer freelancers who have some experiences in relevant areas – but loyalty, top motivation, an interest in developing your own skills and stamina may (often) balance insufficient experiences in exactly the required areas required to fulfill this project.
• Documented experience (or minimum documented professional skills) in DSP embedded software development,
• Preferably experience (or knowledge) of Analog Devices BlackFIN DSP,
• Hands-On experience in building Audio App’s for Android,
• Knowledge of Audio API in Android is required for fast prototyping,
• It is an advantage – but not a requirement – to have minimum basic knowledge of Digital Audio and general Audio Measurement techniques (e.g. Loudspeaker Measurement and similar relatively simple areas).
It is very important to us that you are ready to work with us preferably during all planned phases of the project – and want to maintain/update updated generic code in a long-term cooperation.
PAYMENT + REMUNERATION:
Payment and remuneration based upon milestone-deliveries.
NON-DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT + NON-COMPETITION AGREEMENT:
It is mandatory to sign both a Non-Dislosure Agreement and a Non-Competition Agreement to participate in this project.
DOCUMENTATION + SPECIFICATION:
Freelancers who are chosen to work on this project will have access to specifications and documentation – and may also have a strong influence hereto during execution of the project.
We use Prince2 and SCRUM project management. (No prior experience is required as we will teach Freelancers the required techniques.)
We do NOT want to work with agencies or any other “middle-man”. So if you represent an Agency/Agent, please do NOT apply for participation in this project. All contact from Agencies/Agents will be IGNORED and NOT responded to!
Only Freelancers who perform hands-on work are allowed to participate in this project. We want a long-term cooperation directly with hands-on developers who can join our company as partners/subsuppliers.
Our target is to locate and select Freelancers with appropriate skills, high motivation and stamina during February 2020 and kick-off the project Marts 2020.
Porting to iOS may be required during Marts/April 2020 so iOS App development skills may be an advantage?