I am looking for a developer to create a mobile application, most likely using the Ionic framework so that the app is cross-platform, the app must work on both Android and iOS.
Our service alerts people when a family member is in trouble. The family member has the ability to notify our API and we alert their contacts via SMS. This is getting expensive, so we would like to send alerts using push notifications instead.
The app will need to get the following permissions from the user:
- To control the sound settings
- To send push notifications
If the phone is muted, the user should have the option to permit us to unmute the phone and sound an alarm. The alarm, if enabled by the user, will accompany the push notification.
Our service will need to trigger the push notification and alarm using a REST API. If this isn't possible, or our service needs to trigger the alarm in a different way, please let me know.
When the user installs the application, we do not need to know their name, email address or phone number (we don't need to know anything about them at all). They will have the ability to enter 8 digit codes that will register them to our service. Each code will subscribe them to alerts from a different user on our service.
Please see the attached document for supporting information.
- User installs app
- User enters 8-digit code
- Users email and 8-digit code is posted to our API
- Our API verifies the code against email
- If success, app POSTs info for push notifications to our API
- Our API can trigger notifications/alarms on the phone
- User can acklowedge notifications/alarms, which posts to our API
- User has the ability to delete subscriptions, which posts to our API
- App requests permissions to unmute the phone, create push notifications and change notification volume