NOTE: Scriptlance has replaced some of the symbols (left and right brackets) that makes this a little hard to read. A PDF version is attached, please read that for the exact tags and so on.
I have a number of documents in Google Docs that need to have their HTML cleaned up. Some have been pasted from Word, others from other editors. The process is simple:
1) I will share the documents with you, you will view them and get Google's version of the HTML (edit -> Edit HTML on the Google Docs menu),
2) you will clean the HTML to the specifications below,
3) then you will replace the existing document with the cleaned version (by pasting the new code into the edit -> Edit HTML dialog in Google Docs).
You can clean the HTML however you like, but you *must* check the HTML by hand to make sure it is clean and free of any/all extra formatting. The simple HTML cleaners I have found do NOT do everything I want, or I wouldn't be posting this here.
Instead of telling you what I don't want in the code, it will be easier to just tell you what to keep. The ONLY things I want maintained are standard tags like <p>, <b>, <i>, all <h#> tags, lists (<ul> and <ol>).
Anything else needs to be removed, including ALL custom styles.
For example ...
* Eliminate any empty line breaks, paragraphs or lists.
* Replace <div> and <span> tags with standard <p> tags.
* Make sure any and all tags do NOT include custom style information. For example, <h2 style=\'94color: #ff0000;\'94> should be replaced with just a basic <h2>.
* Remove all font tags, and any other kind of custom styles or formatting other than defaults like <p>, <b>, <i>, all <h#> tags, lists (<ul> and <ol>).
* Replace line breaks <br> with paragraphs. (Sometimes there will be 2 or more <br> tags in a row where there should be paragraphs.)
The resulting code should validate and be nice and clean.
I have 14 total documents (some as small as a page, others multi-page) that need the same cleaning. An example document can be seen here:
[url removed, login to view]
(You can ignore everything except for what is in the BODY tags.)
Please bid to clean all 14 documents, and tell me how quickly you will be able to have it done. If I accept, I'll have you do just one document first to make sure you understand exactly what I want, and then will let you proceed to the entire series of documents.
Thank you in advance.