Use the Vaughn Library (Links to an external site.)Links to an external [login to view URL] a repository of our web resources for students to find to complete this assignment.
2. Examine the following 15 countries for the HIV-AIDS statistics as well as any other accompanying facts that might be related.
The 15 countries to choose from are: Cambodia, Domincan Republic, Ethiopia, Haiti, Kenya, Malaysia, Mexico, Rwanda, South Africa, USA, Afghanistan, Greece, Japan, France, Brazil
3. From that data, you will need to create two bar charts. The first should compare the total populations of the three countries you chose. The second should compare the rates of HIV-AIDS in the same three countries. In the chart comparing HIV-AIDS rates, you MUST use percentages so you are comparing apples to apples. If you don’t find data already in percentages, computing a percentage is fairly straightforward: Number of HIV-AIDS cases in the country, divided by the total number of people, multiplied by 100.
Please use ONLY percentages in your charts!
4. Write a 1- 2 page essay about why there are differences in the prevalence of AIDS (supporting your answer using the resource directory from the library). Some other issues that need to be discussed are what differences there are between developed and undeveloped countries (use percentages), what factors contribute to some countries having a higher prevalence than others. Please also research what the educational levels are in these countries, what awareness programs are present and what attitudes are concerning this disease.
5. You should compare the total population of a country with how many of that population are living with HIV-AIDS.
6. Lastly, you are to imagine yourself as a healthcare administrator and come up with ideas and initiatives as to how to curb HIV-AIDS
7. The final page should be a Reference page. Total assignment should be 4 pages.
How to create a Bar Chart--
How to Do a Bar Chart: You MUST have Microsoft Word (if you do not, then go to a TJC computer that does). Create a NEW document, then click on "Insert" --3rd tab from the left--Then click on "Chart"--it will give you several options--click on "Bar" and just use the first one on the left. You will then load in your variables (on the left side of the excel spreadsheet) and the numbers that go with each variable. Name your bar chart at the top.
How to submit an assignment in Canvas--
Canvas Directions: In order to upload a document: Make sure to save your HIV-AIDS Essay document and your chart onto your Desktop and that your name is on your document. Then click on "Submit Assignment" in order to attach your paper. Then you will be prompted to "Choose File"...then find it and click on the button and hit "Submit Assignment"-- a second time!
What are our goals for this essay--
The four College Student Learning Outcomes are:
Critical Thinking 1—Generate and communicate ideas by combining, changing or reapplying existing information
Communication Skills 1—Develop, interpret and express ideas through written communication
Empirical and Quantitative Skills 2—Manipulate and analyze observable facts and arrive at an informed conclusion
Social Responsibility 3—Engage in regional, national and global communities