IT IS NEEDED IN 24 HOURS
HAVE TO WRITE ONE PARAGRAPH EACH AND CITE ALL THE WORK SO ALL TOGETHER THERE SHOULD BE 3 PARAGRAPHS WITH THERE HEADINGS ON THEM AND THESE ARE THREE SEPARATE DISCUSSIONS.
1. The Earliest Western Philosophers
In this Discussion Board, you will demonstrate your understanding of the Sophists in three ways:
1. Summarize some of the key ideas of the Sophists.
2. Identify and draw parallels with professionals in our world today who seem to embody the spirit of the Sophists.
3. Evaluate the potential problems with a Sophistic approach to Truth
After posting your own thread, you must respond to one additional thread in an engaged and respectful manner AND respond to comments on your original post. Be sure to offer a substantive response that goes beyond simple agreement or disagreement.
2. The Socratic Method
In this Discussion, students will demonstrate an understanding of the Socratic method and illustrate its importance and relevance in our world today.
Briefly describe the main features and the process of Socratic questioning, and then provide an example of Socratic questioning being employed in the modern world. In other words, after explaining what the Socratic method is, illustrate how it can be used to call into question a belief or practice common in our world today.
3. Allegory of the Cave Discussion
In Plato’s “ Allegory of the Cave” the truth is held to be valuable both instrumentally and intrinsically. We have power and choices when we know the truth that we don’t have when we don’t know the truth. And knowing the truth, even an ugly one, is still better than being victim to a beautiful lie, even when there is no instrumental value to be had in knowing the truth. Do you agree? Is it always better to know the truth, even when it is ugly and disturbing?
A few specific examples may serve to underscore the importance of the question and to demonstrate what is at stake. You need not answer all these questions, but you may find that responding to one of them will help you answer the overarching question of whether it is always better to know the truth:
• If your boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, or wife was cheating on you, would you want to know? Why or why not?
• If your government or religious administration was corrupt would you want to know? Why or why not?
• If your friends really thought poorly of you would you want to know? Why or why not?
• If God does not exist, would you want to know? Why or why not?
14 freelancer đang chào giá trung bình $38 cho công việc này
I have read and understood the project requirements. I am available to start right away and deliver the work in 24 hours. For Philosophy tasks, you got the best person here; rest assured. I guarantee you exemplar work.
I have read the guidelines of your work and i will deliver quality work as per the instructions. Am a great philosophy writer with wide experience to this type of task thus assuring you great work
I will do the job for you and start work right now. I am a researcher and have done many researches so far. I will show you my previous work also. Thanks
this is pretty basic philosophy. i don't think you are required to write in depth on these topics just show that you basically understand Greek philosophy. i can do this easily if you'd like my help