Our mission is to empower women to express themselves creatively by delivering the very best in textile art education and inspiration. We aim to nurture a passionate and engaged community who trust us implicitly to lead them on their creative journey and wait with bated breath for our next newsletter, blog post or social media update and are genuinely excited by the release of a new our product.
We’re looking for an experienced social media writer to work on a range of projects creating evergreen content for Facebook and Instagram. The content for each project will include scripts for 3 minute videos, text and scripts for 30 second videos, status content to accompany the videos, long form text for story statuses and short form text to accompany image posts.
All of this content will act as a ‘warm up’ in the run up to registration opening on the course Exploring Texture & Pattern. The content will be ‘boosted’ but we are not ‘selling’ our product at this stage. The aim of the content is to inspire, delight and engage the community and empower them to face and eventually overcome their creative challenges. The posts should feel like compelling social media updates to this end rather than ads.
In total there are around 18 projects available, each of which requires between 10 and 18 pieces of content (of varying lengths). The content will be created and submitted over a mutually agreed period.
Content should be aimed at [login to view URL]’s core community members. A detailed avatar will be provided but in general the [login to view URL] community members are women over 55 excited about the prospect of developing a creative practice with hand stitch.
This particular project is focused on taking parts of existing articles, blog posts and training videos which have previously resonated with our community and repurposing/adapting them for use directly on social media. So although there will be some writing, it’s important that the voice of the original pieces is retained. The majority of the project will be editing, expanding and reorganising what is already written to suit the brief of each piece of new content.
However, we are hoping to also find a writer who, going forward, can create original content in a similar style from scratch.
The writer we are looking for will:
- Be native to the United State or Canada
- Be able to adapt to our established voice which is passionate, nurturing, empowering and doesn’t patronise
- Be able to tap into the issues/struggles of our community and empower them to fulfil their aspirations whilst avoiding fear-based/hard-sell marketing tactics
- Have experience writing content for social media
- Have a strong understanding of the difference between content designed for Facebook and content designed for Instagram
- Be willing to work to brief
- Be able to take on feedback and adapt content appropriately (a maximum of two rounds of amendments)
- Be able to meet mutually agreed upon deadlines for certain goalposts for the duration of the project
- Ideally (though not essentially) have an interest in some or all of the following: creativity, the creative process, art-making, textiles as an art form
- Ideally have experience writing for women over 55
- Ideally have experience writing in a creative field
- Be friendly and a pleasure to work with