I have a client who owns a rent a car. They have a deskptop application that manages all rents, clients, agents, offices, groups of cars, etc. This application works with a SQL database under IIS.
But, the desktop app is limited because programmers no longer will launch a new version, so they created some external reports in asp I think under IIS.
These reports use some kind of control that allows for custom reporting, you'd have to see it, I think you know what I mean.
They have an automatic backup of certain fields in the database so that they can get the reports based on that db clone.
What they want is this:
- Resuse some of the reports already created locally in their local server under .asp and .vbs
- Update those reports so that they support all years and months, because right now reports stop at some month in the middle of 2005 I think. They need the app to support all years automatically
And these new reports:
- Total Cars available for each of the groups, from A to L.
- Create to zones for the car fleet, South and Islands
- Cars availabe for each of the zones and each of the groups in each zone. Like ZONE A: Cars A = 10 rented, 5 free, 2 blocked.
PLANNING REPORTS that show:
- Busy cars by date. If we select a date (month) or date range, we'll see all busy cars ordered by zone and group of car
- Blocked cars. Same thing. Forseen dates for sales
- Being repaired. Same as busy cars
- Reserved. Same as busy cars, but also know which agent reserved the cars the most, see reports with cars reserved by agents, and assignments (number of cars) assigned to each agent.
- Personalized plan for each car agent and area
- Personalized plan for each client, agent and area
- % of forseen reservation depending on car group area and area, so that clien can plan to get other cars from areas that don't have so many reserved cars for high seasons. That is, forseen reservation. If we have 50 cars reserved out of 100 for a data range or month, we'll have 50% reservation
- Car Groups with more availability and less availability (number of cars and percentage)
That would be all more all less. All data and fields area already gathered in the database for queries.
Connection would be through a public IP using Norton Anywhere to connect to a Windows 2000 Server holding all data.
Please, let me know if you're good at doing this kind of queries and this project. I'm always looking forward to creating longterm relationships with people I contact with.