I would like to develop a template for a network of hotel websites based on cities (eg. [url removed, login to view] - plus many others).
We have a database of hotels from [url removed, login to view] as well as a database of suburbs around the world (MS SQL).
The development of the site has been started at [url removed, login to view] , however it is not finished.
What is required to be done?
1. Speed up the load of the homepage (coded in ASP).
2. Add hotel count for each suburb to homepage results. Display top suburbs within a certain range of each city (based on geocodes).
3. Convert the site to CSS tableless design.
4. Create a suburb page template – similar to [url removed, login to view] .
5. Create a contact us page and about us page (should be unique content for each site)
6. Create a hotel information page.
7. Create the live search page using the [url removed, login to view] API. Direct results into [url removed, login to view]
a. Must have all the same options and display of [url removed, login to view] included currency selection, room availability and easy UI
b. Follow [url removed, login to view] API directions for FAQ page, create, cancel bookings etc.
8. Cache latest price, room and search information in a database to make suburb and hotel page dynamic. Order suburb page by hotel popularity, show latest rates and other dynamic information.
9. (also, possibly cache hotel images so they display locally – tbd)
10. Ensure template can easily switch between cities seamlessly. There should be a mechanism whereby if the template changes, this is propagated across multiple sites that are hosted on different web providers.
11. Check duplicate content – ensure pages do not appear as duplicate content on search engines.
12. Should have SEO friendly URLs for all internal pages.
13. Each site should start with 10 or so pages initially and each week release 2-3 additional pages. (this should be programmed into the site).Add to Project Description