We have a clo ne script of Yah oo Ans wers. The current design of the site looks very similar to the original site. So we need to create a new user interface so that it does NOT look like the original script or original site. This is a GRAPHIC DESIGN and FRONT END RECODING task. If you are a GREAT designer, but not an XHTML coder, I can split this project in two and have another coder build the site – specify in your bid if this is true for you.
This will involve re-designing the site which will involve changing the colors, page layout, images, etc. The script is written in ASP/VBScript, so you must know you're way around the language in order to clean up and implement the new UI.
Things to keep in mind:
• Target audience: the audience for this site will be business users. So it needs to look professional and current, not trendy for a young audience. In other words, it needs to look like a very clean version of a web 2 . 0 site.
• You'll need to design the colors, images, etc.
• Make sure all pages follow the same theme and look well together
• I don't want my version to look like an exact copy of the original website. So some level of redesign or restructuring of the content will be necessary.
Coding needs to follow these standards:
• Code must be clean, consistent, well formed, and XHTML-compliant.
• Classes and IDs should be well-named and easily identifiable.
• Structure should not be overly complicated. In other words, I don't want 10 levels deep of nested DIV tags.
• You must be experienced in doing table-less sites. If these words are new to you, then please don't take job.
• You'll need to integrate the design into the script.
• There should be a single CSS file. Unless you need to create a separate CSS for a specific browser or platform.
• These page should work correctly and look same in following browsers and platforms:
o PC: IE 6 and up, Firefox 1.5 and up
o Mac: IE 5.2 and up, Firefox 1 and up
I will need to see your designs before you build the site. There may be multiple iterations to ensure that I am satisfied with the design.
When submitting a bid, PLEASE provide links to sites you have designed and built.