To build a firmware for a 16F877A PIC microcontroller that monitors 16
incubators in a maternity hospital. Each incubator returns 2 signals, one analog and one
• The digital signal is the baby heart beat. The allowed value is normal (OFF or 0
which means the heart beat is within acceptable range) or abnormal (ON or 1 which
means the heart beat is too low or too high).
• The analog signal is the baby body temperature. The normal range is between 36◦
When any of the above signals is out of range or abnormal, a buzzer should be put ON to
draw attention and the incubator number should start blinking on the first row of a 16×2
LCD screen while the second row displays the reason of the alarm situation (either heart
beat problem or temperature out of range problem).
If more than one incubator is experiencing an abnormal situation at the same time, the
LCD should display the abnormal situations for all incubators one at a time every second.
A push button is also attached to the controller to reset the alarm and turn OFF the
buzzer when clicked (assuming the issue has been resolved).
Since you have too many input/output signals than you have pins on the microcontroller
to use, you need to use a 32 × 1 multiplexer. The output of the multiplexer should be
taken as input to the microcontroller while 5 pins of the microcontroller should be used as
outputs to the multiplexer selection lines. The input lines of the multiplexer come from
the incubators (two inputs from each incubator).
What you should do
• Build the controller and interface it to the 16 × 2 LCD, the multiplexer, the buzzer
and the push button. Remember to add a 4MHZ oscillator and a 4.7KΩ pullup
resistor to the MCLR pin. Take a picture of the design that you’ll do on paper.
• Build the PIC assembly code that implements the behavior described above under
• Assemble your code and make sure you get a successful build. Use the simulator if
you wish to make sure the behavior is correct.
• Send the zipped folder that contains your source code and the design picture before
the deadline. If the deadline is reached and you are still having problems with your
code, just send it as is!
5 freelancer chào giá trung bình$21 cho công việc này
******* Complete Result In Time ********* Hi. How are you? I am ready to start your project immediately. If you award me, you will get the wonderful results. Best regards