We are building a villa on the beach in Barbados. We have an architect who has designed the house but we are not satisfied with the look of the facia on the street side of the house.
We have tried to come up with various ideas to improve the look of the house but are not skilled in this area.
We want an architect to come up with a new facia for the villa using the following guidelines:
- less than US$10,000 to implement
- will not be discolored by dirt from passing traffic
- picks up on a Barbados theme ie tropical plants, surf, turtles, etc
- reduces the box-like look of the villa from the street
- material needs to withstand hurricane winds and salt corrosion
I have attached a drawing of the house elevation showing copper nailstrip cladding. This needs to be replaced by your suggested cladding/facia