We are looking to create a new web application similar to what we currently host for our clients. The application is to run online services to manage employee leave, employee expenses, and host employee payslips and tax files.
The new systems we are looking to use will need to be compatible so as to host with Microsoft Azure Websites, I've heard that older coding languages are not compatible with their hosting system.
It's going to be quite a long winded description of what we need so I'll try and list out the main points simply and go into further detail later on.
• The system must have a different environment for each of our clients.
• Each client environment must have its own user directory, colour scheme (including client branding) and login page that is consistent across all of the specific client's subsystems.
• Clients need to be able to pick which subsystems they want access to in their environment. They can choose from the Leave, Expense, & Payslip subsystems.
• The subsystems need to be able to be enabled and disabled at any time, relative to the client's requirements.
The Leave subsystem needs to be able to accommodate the below:
• Multiple flexible types of leave. Including – Leave accrual for Hong Kong sick leave, Dependant based leave for Singapore childcare leave, unspecified leave amounts for Jury service (UK), or National service (Singapore), etc.
• Leave entitlements are defined by grades. So employees of a certain grade may be entitled to one amount of the specified leave type and employees of another grade may be entitled to another amount of the same leave type.
• Employee leave is approved or rejected by line managers via an email automatically sent from the system or using options within the system.
• Leave reports need to be generated on per employee, per department and overall basis, weekly/monthly/quarterly/yearly. Departmental and overall reports only available for management, employee reports available to the specified employee and their manager. Reports can be downloaded in excel format.
The Expense subsystem needs to be able to accommodate the below:
• Employees to enter expense data along with an image of the receipt/invoice.
• Expense reports submitted to management for approval/rejection via email automatically sent from the system or using options within the system.
• Reports to be generated by the system for finance detailing spend by department/team/employee over different time scales. Reports can be downloaded in excel formats.
The Payslip subsystem needs to be able to accommodate the below:
• Host all employee payslips and tax documents in PDF format in an organised layout.
• Only the employee currently logged in can see their own payslips and tax documents. Management cannot see employee's data.
• We need to be able to upload these files to an FTP server.
• Show accumulative figures for each employee's yearly pay to date, and other figures which can be obtained from the payslip files.
The security of the system does not need to comply with any specific standards but we would like to aim for a high standard of security.
The system must be made to be adaptable, as changes in legislation will need to be worked into the system.
We are looking for ongoing support past the completion of this project so that any future amendments that are needed can be carried out by the same people who designed and built the software, making support easier and less time consuming.
The system needs to have a modern look and feel which is compatible with mobile devices and which can be adaptable to changes in style further down the line. We are not looking to want to build a whole new system each time we want to change the look/layout.
The budget and timescales have not been decided yet, I have set temporary values for these.