New construction on 7.5 acres. It is to be designed for couple with main floor living, but able to be refitted as family home. Topos of the site are uploaded. An existing 600 sf cabin has been constructed on the upper ‘pole’ of the property. Grading has been completed to the ridge and site for primary construction. As you will notice from the below, I am a fan of passive ideas and intend to incorporate them as much as possible. I have uploaded a rough layout of the desired plan to incorporate the following ideas:
1) Enclosed central living such that complete living can take place in high heat/cold months insulated by surrounding space.
2) Wood stove not fireplace in main living area.
3) Open south facing living area with south sunroom with tile floors. Overhang sufficient to block summer sun. Living area ceiling height to second floor with additional second floor window (south facing) for light and also with overhang to prevent summer sun ingress.
4) North second floor enclosed, allowing though for air flow through in summer months.
5) South west corner, approximately 12x12 screen porch. Off conditioned HVAC space
6) South east corner, approximately 12x12 sunroom. Off conditioned HVAC space
7) West room, guest room, library, sufficient to be retrofitted as master.
8) North east wing, primary master area/suite.
9) Master bedroom, master bath, storage, laundry, workout room/music room in North east wing. Sufficient to be retrofitted for 2 bedrooms future date
10) Must have wall space to accommodate an excess of 24 linear feet of 8’ bookshelves, 15’ of 48” bookshelves, 12’ of 5’ bookshelves
11) Closed stairway to basement, sufficient for air flow control
12) Open stairway to second floor.
13) Second floor spaces: North room overlooking living area; east room overlooking woods
14) Allowance for addition of trombe wall north first to second floor though it may not be allowed in initial construction due to code
15) Outside areas: North – courtyard open with north porch; West – screened or open (undecided) but with windows shaded from all direct sunlight; South – minimal to allow light into basement; East – decking? Undecided.
16) Garage will be constructed north west corner – unattached.
17) Grading has been complete and driveway will run on west side of house
18) Basement will be open daylight for approximately 900 sf to the southeast corner. Crawlspace elsewhere.
19) Geothermal is being considered for HVAC. In any case, home is to be zoned: main area, northeast wing, 2nd floor, basement.
20) Well and septic on site
21) 34.47° N, 84.43° W are approximate lat/long
Areas to address:
1) Layout is in excess of 2400 sf, need to reduce this area.
2) Construction costs are a concern and any efficiencies for this are welcomed.
3) Exterior is to be cost effective/reasonable maintenance
4) Layout is awkward on east side of house, suggestions welcome.
5) Desire outside cooking area
6) In my pictures, shed roofs abound (easier to construct) and it may be that these are more effective in sunlight control, but gables may be possible
7) A west entrance for airflow into main areas was looked at, but I could not incorporate it.
8) I am not a fan of contemporary architecture. This is a rural/mountain residence.
9) This project will be executed in 18 to 22 months.
I am looking for an architect who is able to incorporate the above ideas/concepts in an effective and cost efficient manner; more is not necessarily better. Improving my work to incorporate such efficiencies should be the goal. I am interested in quality not in display. My ideas incorporate such ideas as multiple use areas and comfort. I have used the work of Susanka and Vassalo for many of my ideas.
I am listing as small project to start until I see how this venue produces.
Đã trao cho:
28 freelancer đang chào giá trung bình $581 cho công việc này
Veteran owned Professional Drafting Company located in Virginia. I can provide you quality drawings to building code and keep you up to date with every step of the way. We look forward to working with you.
[Architecture Residence on Mountain] Dear sir, very interested with this project on hand. Look forward for a kind response and favorable acceptance soon. Thanks.
Dear Sir it's our privilege to be incorporated with you. We ensure providing best quality product with sharp time frame. thanking you. You visit us our samples