We have acquired residential land of 40 ft wide X 150 ft. deep in Toronto, Canada area.
We are looking for residential home design from experienced home designers for two story house (ground plus one). Maximum lot coverage allowed is 2100 Sq ft.
Please provide your best quote with referrals and previous project experience and skill details.
Guideline for the Detached Bungalow design
1. Overall features
• A detached bungalow of ground plus 1 style construction. Overall combined floor area between 2500 to 3500 sq ft and maximum height of 10.5 meters above ground (including roof).
• Overall design should not exceed the zoning by-law limitations for ground coverage and structure height.
• Overall design should be in parity with the local area new construction house designs and the adjacent shopping mall.
• Bungalow can be wood or metal structure design for load bearing members. Internal walls will be dry walls with metal or wood studs.
• Exterior walls of the bungalow can be vinyl sidings, brick, stucco or stone finish with insulation as per the Ontario building code. Preferably stone finish in front side, facing the street.
• Must have one or two car garage attached to the house
• Roof with metal or asphalt shingles. Flat roof design can be a good choice for getting more ceiling height on each floor. Roof to be designed for mounting the solar panels (23 to 30 panels).
• Overall internal design should be open concept style layout with modern look.
• Landscaping should be simple and elegant.
• This land has city sewer and water connection lines. Land also has heating gas and electrical utility connection lines.
2. Detailed features
• Main floor (ground floor) will contain mainly living room, kitchen with Centre Island, dining space and office rooms / guest rooms.
• First floor will have bedrooms with attached/ common bathrooms, Laundry room. Ample amount of windows and Skylights for bright spacious design.
• Partial cathedral design with overseeing view from top will be preferred.
• LED Pot lights, standing lamps, chandelier to be used for lighting and maintaining ambience
• Should have a full basement – poured concrete or block design with minimum 8 ft ceiling height and glass windows rising at least three feet above the ground level. Basement will contain furnace, water heater and laundry facilities along with kitchen, living room, bedrooms and washroom.
• Basement having separate entrance from outside as well as access from main floor area.
• Split type central air conditioner mounted over the furnace for full home cooling.
• Hardwood floor on all area and tiles in the kitchen and bath.
• Fridge, oven, stove, microwave, exhaust hood are mandatory appliances for the Kitchen. Centre Island will have a faucet with double sink and a dining space. Kitchen will also have ample storing space, drawers and LED lighting for various ambience effects.
• Windows will be double glass gas filled type sliding or hinged opening design.
• Main entrance should be double door type insulated partially glass door.
a) One or two design ideas with elevation and 3D Architectural rendering view.
b) Floor plan illustrations for basement and both floors
c) At least one Interior view of each room
d) Each room and outside wall to wall Dimensions
e) Soft copy of the drawings
Timeline and costs
a) Please quote a fixed cost for entire delivery and conditions/ assumptions, if any.
b) Work is expected to finish in 3 weeks time after the project is awarded.
Please refer to the attached City zoning by-law for your reference.