We currently run a wholesale website and the software is written in asp.net code ( storefront 6.0 ) with an SQL database. We have updated the design of the site on a temporary domain and setup a new SQL database to improve our website functionality.
Below is a list of customizations we need done to get started. Many of these functions are already done on our "live site" but we simply need them transferred over to our new site and tested to work efficiently.
Please read over our requirements carefully and only bid if you are proficient in asp.net technology. It would also be a plus if the person who does the work has some knowledge of the storefront 6.0 shopping cart by LaGarde but I'm sure if you know asp.net proficiently, you wouldn't have any trouble with the customizations.
Anyone interested in seeing our live site and any links to specific pages referenced below can send a request through PMB and I will get that info to you immediately....
1. Currently, the storefront software code has the login page split into two sections: new account registration and login (similar to oscommerce). I would need to have this page to only be the login page for our distributors. I would need the registration section removed from this page as we do not allow anyone to just register on our site. There is a fee to register so we want a new registration section on a separate page added to create a new account and any reference to creating a new account should be removed from this login page. Furthermore, the new registration page would allow a customer to register and pay the fee on our website through authorize.net. In addition, we would need all of the fields that the oscommerce shopping cart registration page has on our registration page as well. Right now, to register for an account with the current storefront "out of box" setup, all you need is an email address and password. We need to have a much longer registration form that would gather all the info that osCommerce gathers when a new customer registers.
2. We would also need a field in the customer account section for a customer to enter their Tax ID number if they have one and also a way to check off a box manually in our database through the admin tools once we receive a copy of their tax ID license via fax so that the shopping cart does not charge them sales tax on orders if this box is checked in the database. (This function is currently in our live database and we use this function at our site right now, so it may be as simple as copying the code from the live site to the new site and updating the database tables.) Anyone else who does not have a tax license faxed to us, we would not check off this box and therefore they would get charged sales tax accordingly.
3. The current confirmation email that is sent out when a customer places an order needs to remain the same design for the new site as the one now at our live site. We designed a template in the storefront tools that is quite nice and also includes "Gift Wrapping" confirmation (if ordered) with their receipt. The "out of box" email template does not include the "gift wrap" selection (oversight by their designers). The total on the order shows up correctly on the receipt, but there is no line that shows that they ordered gift wrapping and so it would be very easy to miss if it did not show up on our receipt that is emailed to us when they place the order. We currently have this function setup on our live site so you may be able to just copy and transfer the code from a file to the new site and update the new database a bit.
4. We had a programmer in the past make a few custom pages for us that I think can transfer over to the new site quite easily. These pages are Inventory Status, Out Of Stock list and Gift Wrap list (products available for gift wrap). All of these pages are written in asp and give our distributors information they really need about availability of our products in a simple spreadsheet looking list without having to go through each product page individually. I was hoping to keep the same functionality of these three pages but change them to aspx pages and incorporate them into the content frame of the new page design (content table). Right now they are asp scripts and pop up in a new window and it would be much easier to have them in the main frame of the web using an aspx script if possible.
We also have a customized page to Update our Inventory. That page allows us to update the inventory from one single aspx spreadsheet looking page which is a form that submits the newly entered inventory totals to the database and updates the inventory counts in the database accordingly. This is much easier for us then having to use the admin tools to do this one product at a time similar to oscommerce. This page also allows us to add an estimated date of arrival on all out of stock products as well and our distributors are able to see this info when they load a certain page. We need these pages transferred to our new site design and implemented accordingly if any changes need to be made to the new database.
5. We would also need some customized script that would remove the prices of the products and remove the add to cart buttons unless someone is logged into their account. We want to be able to hide the pricing and the ability to purchase an item unless you are a registered distributor and logged into your account. We would also need a small tag of text where the add to cart button would normally be stating something like "You must login to see pricing or place an order. Click here for sample pricing". This would have to show up on both the category pages and the product detail page so there is no way anyone who is not logged into their account would see pricing or be able to place an order. Once someone logged in, then the prices and add to cart buttons would show up.
6. We need all reference to the default Storefront "mailing list" checkbox to be disabled and not show up on any pages on our website, including the registration page. We use a third party email service - [url removed, login to view] - and would like to have all registered distributors sign up through a special link after they have registered. Right now, there are a few spots where a checkbox shows up asking if they want to subscribe to our mailing list. We DON'T want this to be available because we do not like using the storefront mailing list. I believe it is only on one or two pages and when a customer chooses to update their profile it shows up. We need to have these removed and the new link added pointing to [url removed, login to view] in it's place.
7. We need to have the product detail page show up with just the thumbnail of the image just like the category results pages but with a link to a larger image that would pop up in a separate window. OsCommerce uses this type of setup and it seems to be much more eye appealing. If possible, I would also like to see this window include a "download link" for the image and description for this particular product so our distributors can download this info easily.
Along with the specific customizations we need done (above) to the asp.net code, we would also need the winning bidder to copy customer information and product information from our live database and upload it to our new database once the customizations are completed. We also need the winning bidder to transfer all the files from the "temp domain" to our live domain once the site is completed and test the site to insure it is functioning properly.
Please note, we will have ongoing work regularly for winning bidder. We are looking for someone to establish a long term relationship with to do all our web customizing and updating in the future.
Thank you for bidding!