We are looking for a programmer or team of programmers to develop us a
WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) web site builder (with
functionality similar to Microsoft Frontpage - we are not looking for
We are ideally looking for something similar to
[url removed, login to view] . We need, at a minimum, the
functionality offered by that program.
* [MANDATORY] Runs on Windows 95 to Windows Visa inclusive
* [MANDATORY] Must be a WYSIWYG web site builder
* [MANDATORY] Must have an "import existing web page/HTML" option
* [MANDATORY] Drag and drop objects from the toolbox on the page: Text,
Lines, Images, Marquees and Tables.
* [MANDATORY] Form layout object to create forms, including actions,
hidden fields etc.
* [MANDATORY] Supports Form fields: Editbox, TextArea, Checkbox,
Radiobutton, Combobox and Button.
* [MANDATORY] Must be able to import cut and pasted content from
* [MANDATORY] Rich text support: text object can contain different
fonts, colours, links and sizes.
* [MANDATORY] Option to add custom HTML for each object (Before Tag,
Inside Tag, After Tag).
* [MANDATORY] ActiveX, JAVA, Flash, Windows Media player, Quicktime,
Real Audio and other Plug-In support.
* [MANDATORY] Must have the option to upload a single file or whole site
* [MANDATORY] Bulleted Lists: Circle, Disc, Square, Numeric (1, 2, 3),
Alpha (a, b, c) , Roman (I, II, III) and custom images
* [MANDATORY] Must allow users to add horizontal lines and text
* [MANDATORY] Images must be able to be included in the pages. If they
customer specifies a non-GIF, non-JPG or non-PNG image, then it must be
converted to one of those formats
* [MANDATORY] Users must be able to specify links to remote pages or
pages constructed within the builder
* [MANDATORY] Must be able to upload files via FTP to our servers
* [MANDATORY] Must lock user to our service by:
- Storing files on the hard drive in a propetory format (which must
be documented for our usage)
- When uploading, ask the user for their domain name and password
which it then authenticates via a hardcoded URL (in the format
[url removed, login to view] which returns "OK" or
"FAIL") before uploading
* [MANDATORY] Must have a button for "Support" which will link to a
predefined URL in the "Help" menu
* [MANDATORY] Must include a basic rotating banner system and photo
* [Optional] Ideally runs on Apple Macs as well
* [Optional] Ideally be able to import the .BVP files produced by the
BlueVoda web site builder above
* [Optional] Ideally the ability to upload only "changed files"
* [Optional] Ideally the ability to import Adobe Photoshop PSD files
Please feel free to contact us with any questions or queries. Prior
evidence of similar work is appreciated, but not obligatory.
We will need issuing with the source code of the program (including all
associated libraries and files), instructions to compile and a compiled
version before full payment is released (we are willing to use an escrow
service if necessary). You will need the ability to assign us full
rights to the program (including distribution and modification of the
same) and source code (including distribution and modification) and may
be needed to sign a disclaimer accepting any legal responsibilities for
copied code. We will require at least 90 days (3 months) maintenance for
any bugs or issues discovered in the program after the source code has
been released to us.
In your bid, please provide details of which optional features (if any)
you are including in your bid price (ALL mandatory items MUST be
included) and the time scale you are working towards. We will require a
copy of the program (without source code) for testing and debugging
before project completion.