The project is a cross-platform sound recorder, with the following needs:
- Record what is currently played, like in stereo mix (not from the mic or smt.)
- Record in Windows, Mac Os, Linux and etc.
- Has two buttons: Start and stop recording
- Auto-detect sound card settings, and abstract the sound card (like creating a virtual sound card)
- Disable the change in sound level of the system during recording (lock the mixer...)
- Record .raw files:
Number of audio channels:1
Sampling rate:22050 Hz
Data: Signed 16bit little endian
- Should be written in Qt or plain C++
Note: i-Sound Recorder for Windows 7 is a good example on making the recording independent from the sound card. [url removed, login to view]
The sound card emulation/simulation is critical, because it should work on all systems, and the output data should not change whether a headphone is inserted or not. (This is what seperates i-Sound from other recorders)
Details will be given to the winning bid. Don't hesitate to ask questions.