Requires working knowledge of advanced statistics
Caribbean Draw Poker is a casino game that requires sophisticated decision making on the part of the player in order to minimize loss to the house. The decisions for each hand are not obvious and the only dependable way to play with near-optimal strategy is by the use of a Calculator written in Java.
Rules of Caribbean Draw Poker are following:
After placing a bet, the player and dealer are dealt a 5-card poker hand. Only 1 of the dealer's 5 cards is visible. The player then must choose to either fold and lose the hand or raise. The raise bet must be 2x the ante bet size, so the total bet following a raise is 3x the initial bet size. If the player raises, then he may discard up to 2 cards from his hand and take replacements from the deck.
The dealer may also discard up to 2 cards from his hand. The dealer's discard selections are done according to a simple preset strategy, which is usually keep 5-card pat hands; discard one with two pair, 4 to a flush, or 4 to a straight; discard two with 3 of a kind; and discard the two lowest remaining cards with one pair or a high card.
After the discards are complete, the hands are compared. There are several possible payouts.
-If the dealer has a pair of eights or better, the dealer "qualifies." If the dealer does not qualify (regardless of whether the player wins or loses the hand), then winnings on the ante bet are paid and the raise bet is returned.
-If the player loses the hand and the dealer qualifies, then the player loses the full bet.
-If the player wins the hand and the dealer qualifies, then the player wins the ante bet, and the raise bet pays according to a listed paytable:
Royal Flush 100 to 1
Straight Flush 50 to 1
4 of a Kind 20 to 1
Full House 7 to 1
Flush 5 to 1
Straight 3 to 1
3 of a Kind 2 to 1
2 Pair 1 to 1
Pair (8s or better) 1 to 1
Requirements for program:
- Players enters his hand and the dealer's up card in 6 text boxes in a two character format, the first is the face value and the second is the suit. Ex. Jack of spades = js, ten of clubs = tc, 3 of diamonds = 3d
- The text boxes are arranged sequentially so that the player can press tab to move from one to the next.
- As the players enters card values, above the text box a confirmation of some kind shows the card represented by the characters. This way the player can quickly notice a typo.
- The player presses a Calculate button, and the program analyzes the data and informs the player to either 1) Fold 2) Raise and which cards to choose for draw.
- Below this in smaller font the program outputs the Expected Value of both options expressed as a fraction of 1. Ex. Folding is -1, and 0.5 would specify a 50% expected gain. What is more, player should be able to check EV of other Draw options by selecting which cards to draw manually.
- Note the calculator must minimize expected loss per unit wagered, NOT house edge. House edge is defined as average loss relative to initial bets only, not including raises.
- Also note that this calculator only involves the basic game, not progressive bets.
The programmer can play the game for free on any 'Real time gaming' powered casino download client (Ex. [url removed, login to view]) while making the calculator.
5 freelancer đang chào giá trung bình $570 cho công việc này
Hello! My poker skills are good and I am the programmer too. I prefer coding using Delphi. I have allready made BlackJack Calculator and it works perfect. My bid could be modified according to your prefferences.