Development of a NX-client as a Java Applet based on existing sourcecodes for NX-clients for Windows or Linux.
The Java Applet must NOT use additional software parts except Java JRE in a Browser.
After finishing and payment of the project the developed and delivered source code will be published under GPL in the www.
NX-Nomachine [Removed by Admin] is a remote access solution for X11 servers like Linux or Solaris using the NX-protocol. The core libraries are provided under GPL. There is also a fork which is based on the NX-Nomachine GPL code named freeNX [Removed by Admin].
There are already NX-Nomachine clients for Linux, Windows and MacOS and also an existing freeNX-client (qtnx) with a complete source code. Both are compatible with each other, that means both of them use the NX-protocol. It is therefore possible to connect from a freeNX-client to the NX-Nomachine server as well as to connect from a original NX-Nomachine-client to the freeNX server. Because of that it is possible to implement a new working client based on an existing freeNX source code.
The already existing Java Applet by NX-Nomachine installs a native NX-client (hidden setup procedure is executed automatically) - usually this is not intended.
The new applet is able to connect to a NX-Server without installation of a native client binary.
Existing C source code:
-[Removed by Admin]
A NX-client as a Java Applet that can connect to a NX-Nomachine Server or a freeNX server.
- the applet works with SUN Java (1.5 or higher)
- works inside IE 6 or higher and inside Firefox 3.5 or higher on Windows, Linux and MacOS
- no installation of a native NX-nomachine client
- use native NX including the ssh tunneling
- acceptable grafical performance nearly the native NX or freeNX client
- open the screen in a separate window
- supports screen resolution parameters "Resolution height" and "Resolution width"
- supports "Server host" (target NX-server nodename) parameter
- supports "Server port" (target NX-server listening port) parameter
- supports "Link speed" parameter
- supports ssh-key accept dialog
- supports Login with User/Passwort
- supports disk cache parameter from 0 up to 16 MB like the native NX or freeNX client