I have written a program in [url removed, login to view] 2005, which logs in to a website and downloads one or more phone/address directories.
This project encompasses 3 parts:
1. A component I can add to my existing application that converts the CSV file into format readable on the Palm OS & Pocket PC.
2. A Pocket PC application that reads this file
3. A Palm OS application that reads this file
The Palm/Pocket PC app will have 6 screens:
1. Login: this would be a 4 digin pin number they could optionally set to allow access to this information
2. List of “Wards”: The windows application will have the option to download their own ward, or all the wards in the “stake” (a group of wards).
3. List of households: This are all the families that live in ward. This would look much like the windows contacts screen with a list of each family name & phone number.
4. Household information: Once the click on a family name, they will see all the information available to the family which would include Phone, address, each family members name (and email if available)
5. About screen: About the application
6. Registration screen: Form to register the application.
This will be shareware so I'd like these application to have some kind of limited demo mode they can use to try the software before they buy.
I would like to use something unique about their PDA to generate their registration number. This would be their Hotsync ID, owner name, or device ID which they would give me so I could generate a registration number.
Attached is a small example of the CSV data format