I am looking for someone to create a stand-alone program for me.
This program will be used as a "remote control" and media organiser.
This program will be run on a small (800 x 600) touchscreen TFT.
The aim of the program:
* To provide a list of all files (in this case, movie AVI files) in a specified folder
* The ability to select a movie (simple clicking / touching the screen)
* When selected, the movie title and other information (ie. length) is displayed on the screen
* A "play" button - open the selected file path in full screen WMP (perhaps using it's simple command prompt controls)
* This will be run on a dual output PC - the main display is the touchscreen and your final program running full screen, the second display will be always WMP
So just to recap:
A standalone program
Made in any language you think best
Will run full screen on startup
Will look in a folder (ie: G:\Clips )
Will list the movies alphabetically in a list box or something
You can scroll up and down (using a scroll bar)
When a movie is clicked on, then a further page is opened - with movie name, duration and any other information
Option to PLAY movie or go back to list
Windows Media Player ActiveX controls - so when movie is playing in WMP (on a seperate display), the touchscreen has the ability to pause, next chapter etc
In an ideal world, perhaps some better organisation, as there may be upto 1000 clips.
Perhaps alphabetical groupings?
(ie. buttons for clips beginning with A-C, D-F etc..)
Maybe you can think of a way we could also incorporate categories (ie. clip genre's) into the file name? or a database?
Would be interested to hear any ideas you may have!