I would like to develop an Expo Management Software which would have the following capabilities.
1. Registration of event online (including name of event organiser, event name, etc)
2. Registration of exhibitors online, ensuring each exhibitor is assigned a unique ID and is also associated with the correct event.
3. Registration of event attendees (offline).
4. Print badge of the attendees which would also have a unique QR code per participant.
5. Each exhibitor would be issued with a 2D code scanner, capable of reading QR codes and also capable of sending the data to the online database, either via wifi or 3G, ensuring that the data sent from the reader is associated with the exhibitors account. The data sent should include time the attendee visited the stall. For this reason, it might make sense to develop a mobile phone app capable of scanning the QR codes and sending the data to the online database. The app should also be able to store the data in case there is no internet connection. The app would run on either windows mobile or android and capable of handling many scans. (you could check on available QR code reader engines).
6. Once the data is uploaded online, the platform should be able to do the following;
- send out a thank you SMS to the attendee at predetermined time,
- send out the company brochure or any other info, via email to the attendee, also at predetermined date/time.
7. Once logged in, the exhibitor should be able to tell number of people that visited his/her stand, peak hours and peak days, preferably also as a visual.
8. The expo organizer should be able to tell which stand/stall got the most number of visitors, peak hours, peak days, overall number of visitors/attendees. The expo organizer should also be able to tell how many stalls/stands each attendee visited in order to gauge the success of the expo.
9. The admin (system owner) should be able to get an overall picture of each expo performance, ie number of expos over a defined duration (month, year, etc), number of total visitors to all expos and individual expos, etc etc, basically all the necessary data.