Docks are utility software designed to basically make launching applications and navigating between app windows as easy as possible alongside beautifying the entire process. They implement animations, app icon shadows, customization options, widgets, etc. in different ways but they all aspire to one goal – boost productivity.
Unfortunately, most Docks on Linux are no longer under development and those who are, are lacking features that we all grew to love over the years. Therefore, we decided to launch this project to create an elegant, powerful, clean, easy to maintain and easy to customize dock application, that makes opening common applications and managing windows easier and quicker on Linux.
Code an open source, fully functioning Dock application for Linux that is
• a 2D & 3D Dock
• to be able to pin applications to dock, launch applications & navigating between app windows
• to be able to see & manage all open applications in the Dock
• easy to customize Dock backgrounds for the 2D & 3D Dock (svg/png image files)
• a separator between pined & open apps and trash docklet (see attached images)
• a trash docklet
• app icon indicators (2D Dock only with app indicators no app icon background color)
• fully integradable in Debain 10 (XFCE - 64bit), Ubuntu 19.04 (Gnome - 64bit) and other Linux distributions
• easy to maintain C code base
If you need some inspiration, check out Docky for Linux. We would like to have the same or similar functionality in our Dock. We have also attached some screenshots of what we had in mind.