I am also a developer and can probably do most of this myself, but very slowly as I am not experienced with c#. There are parts of this where I just need you to write generic logic to do the task, even without the details (ex. exact pathnames, just make a variable and give it an arbitrary path). It is ok that not all of the functions work, I will debug and correct them after. I will indicate down below within each step with: (I will fill in details)
I would like a freelancer to build me a windows form that does the following things:
1) First pops up a simple input box to enter a product key (20 characters and hyphens in between, so 5 sets of 4 characters)
2) Validate rules for input (I will add my validation, just call an empty function) and if it passes initial test, submit to my web service (I will add my web services after, just use a dummy web service) for validation and wait for response. If fail, try again or cancel. If pass, open up form.
3) Web service will respond with: customer name, save that name for use in the form.
4) Send web service request for tools that customer has access to: response will include a table with: app code, app name, app file name, download url, current version, description, instructions
5) Open up form (I have attached a mock up in PDF)
6) Build list of available tools for drop down box
7) Check each of those tools file name and version number against locally cached copies to see if any need to be updated
8) If any need to be updated (older version on computer than current server version) or added then download and replace the old .exe with the newer one. Show a progress bar and prevent entry into the form during update process.
9) Refresh the list of tools available in the drop down list
10) When the drop down list is used, each "Tool Name" that is highlighted should show the corresponding columns from the record for "Description" and "Instructions" in the boxes on the form.
11) When a tool is selected and the user presses the "Start" button, it will run the executable from a relative path location (I will modify this as needed)
12) If the "Start in Update Settings Mode" check box is selected, this app will send an input parameter to the app being launched. (I will modify this, just put in dummy input parameter)
13) If the user wants to "change" their signed in product key, reopen the product key input box and revalidate as if a new install.
14) If the user clicks on "support" launch an exe (I will be filling in the path to a remote support tool).
This covers the majority of the details. I am looking for an experienced c# developer to build this in Visual Studio and to send me the project files so I can finish it. You will need to put in fake connections to the web services and other items so that you can show me the form working with dummy data.
Please provide me an estimate for how long you think this will take you.
26 freelancer đang chào giá trung bình $200 cho công việc này
Hey there...Yes, I can develop this solution in Visual Studio C# (I also had a look at your 1-page PDF).....Please reply.. We can discuss further and hopefully get it started soon... Thank you.. !