1. Producing detailed, final hand drawings and specifications or, more likely, using dedicated computer software (CAD) to produce design specifications, including parts lists and costings.
2. Creating digital or print drawings and designing fully-functional products.
3. Researching materials, processes or market requirements.
4. Selection of motors, drives, and other internal components.
5. Make final drawings of proposed drawing, checking dimension of parts, materials to be used, the relation of one part to another, and the relation of various parts to the whole structure.
6. Utilizes knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials, and other physical sciences to complete drawings.