Location: Remote / UK
The ideal candidate will possess great taste and have an in-depth knowledge of the UK talent market as well as the international market. The Casting Manager sources, identifies, screens and recommends a diverse field of talent for YourMovie films to meet the creative scope and budget requirements of the project. This position reports to the Executive Producer.
The Casting Manager works closely with the Creative Producer, the Line Producer, the Director of the creative team.
• Guides casting choices to enhance the producers’, the director's and writer's vision
• Reads scripts to provide ideas on all scripted speaking roles
• Builds and maintains relationships with the agents of actors, agencies and freelance casting resources to build casting pool
• Organizes casting calls, readings and auditions
• Manages talent databases that identify relevant talent for productions
• Partners with the Executive Producer as needed to negotiate contracts
• Enforces applicable project policies; liaises between actors and artist representatives
• Sources and identifies potential new talent that need to be developed by the project for future productions
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in Casting at the film production studio or casting agency
• 3 to 5 years of experience in Casting for studios, television productions or agency
• Bilingual proficiency preferred (English is a must)
• Must have knowledge of UK labor guidelines including child labor laws
• Must have production understanding from concept through pilot
• Professional demeanor in a high stress environment
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
About the Team
YourMovie is building an international dream team at the moment in order to create a pure movie art with the support of the audience. Each member of the film crew is passionate about storytelling, innovation and making history.
YourMovie is an experimental start up project dedicated to creation of movies.
It was founded at the instigation of the philanthropist who wishes to remain incognito until the film’s release.
The unprecedented character of the project is that for the first time in the sphere of cinema the audience will decide on a screenplay, a director, a cast, costumes, etc. The management of the project is open for consideration of any directors, actors, writers and other participants of the film crew. The YourMovie project will allow talented artists to participate in the fair audition, where the audience will act as a casting director. Project administration will closely monitor the online voting process.