Need a system to track equipment inventory, availability, check-out, etc. Users place online requests for equipment delivery & pickup (what do you want, where do you want it delivered, when do you want it, how long do you want to use it [hours, days, etc.] and so forth). Admins login to manage inventory and requests.
1) users will login based on an LDAP directory, so their contact information will be retrieved based on their
2) user tells us the location (room number), day, time, and duration of request. User should be given the
option of creating a recurring request, i.e. 'I want this stuff delivered every Tuesday from Xam until Xpm
in X room until December 25, 2005'.
3) user must tell us if equipment is to be delivered or will be picked-up. user also needs to indicate if
he/she will need assistance with set-up of equipment. A field for 'special instructions or comments'
should be available.
4) user is presented with a list of equipment available for check-out based on their parameters. [system
should show ALL equipment in inventory, but equipment that is not available for check-out should be
5) user fills 'shopping-cart' or creates 'wish-list' of items
6) user 'checks-out' and is presented with a request summary - notified that they will be emailed upon
1) public page will show daily schedule of requests, etc. should be browsable, i.e. select any day on the calendar to view the requests for that day
2) logins available for users and admins to use the system.
1) admins login to manage requests - all actions should be traceable to admin who made changes
2) admins can pull up daily schedule of deliveries/pickups & can modify requests from here
3) requests can be 'pending', 'confirmed', or 'complete'
4) when requests are marked as confirmed or complete - email receipts should be sent to requestor
5) admins can manage equipment inventory - equipment may be in two broad categories, either available
for check-out or permanently assigned to a location.
6) equipment may have different status: 'broken' 'out for repair' 'functional'
7) equipment details should be available to admins (not to users), i.e. make, model, vendor, serial number, etc.