WallStreetZen is a stock analysis startup with a content strategy focused on publishing a smaller number of high quality articles.
We create content around educational, ever-green topics related to stock analysis - rather than ongoing stock analysis or news coverage. We aim to break down complex topics related to fundamental investing and make them easy to understand.
- The nuances around ROE and how it can fit into an investor’s research workflow.
- The strengths and weaknesses of Discounted Cash Flow Analysis in valuing stocks
- What is a “good” PE ratio - but not just an oversimplification that provides a general range, but an in-depth look at the strengths and weaknesses of the ratio, and how it fits into the bigger picture.
- What happened to the Google Finance stock screener, and what we've done to replace it.
You can read more about what makes our platform different here. [login to view URL]
What are we looking for?
We’re looking for writers who have a strong background in finance and analyzing companies.
But even more importantly, we’re looking for a writer who cares deeply about providing original insights to the reader.
We believe that quality content comes from being able to identify reader pain points and then gathering information from experts who are able to address these pain points in detail.
- You're passionate and extremely curious about long-term stock investing (not trading) and business.
- You should deeply understand concepts like discounted cash flow analysis, financial ratios, analyzing financial statements etc.
- You must be data driven and have a healthy disdain for hype and B.S. We don’t write “This game-changing stock is about to grow soar 1000x and make you rich” type articles ( and we never will )
- You should have an understanding of what is obvious and uninteresting to stock investors, as well as what is interesting, educational, noteworthy [login to view URL]
- You hate fluff and word count padding - you believe it is the antithesis to good writing
- When you read this article, you nod in agreement [login to view URL]
Necessary skills for our writing team:
– You must have “clarity of thought,” i.e., understand the key points of a post and how to convey them without fluff.
– You must be able to respond intelligently to editing and feedback. We always provide constructive criticism and expect to work with you to make the post as strong as it can be.
– Must have experience/portfolio showing prior experience on these types of articles. If you don’t, we won’t have a good way to judge you.
What kind of work you’ll be doing:
- Creating content teaching fundamental stock research and analysis concepts
- Writing objective, in-depth comparisons of our product with competitors e.g. [login to view URL]
- Engaging tutorials on how to use features on our platform (like our new stock screener)
- Conducting interviews with experts to supplement the arguments in your articles
- Consulting on the metrics / models we use on the site, and working together to improve them over time.
- Helping design pre-set screeners, and writing content to show users how they can use them
Benefits of working with us:
- Consistent work (fixed-price per article basis)
- We pay $150-$250 per article, depending on your ability
- We don’t have word count requirements. Our philosophy is “However long you need to make your points.” But typical lengths fall between 1200 – 2000 words.
- We’re looking for long term relationships with writers (if mutually good fit after a couple of paid test pieces)
If you’re interested, please apply here:
[login to view URL]