We are looking to hire someone who can fluently read/type Chinese (Simplified, Mandarin) for our web hosting company. In our web hosting company, we sell VPS (Virtual Private Servers) and Dedicated Servers. We have a good amount of customers from China because of the excellent network connectivity our servers provide to that region. Currently we have no one on our team that can type Chinese, so we are looking for someone who can bring in new opportunities/sales from the Chinese market into our company, as well as interact with our existing Chinese customers to see if they require any additional services.
** We are looking for more than just a "translator". If that is all you are, then please close this and move on. **
We are a growing web hosting company so we are cost-sensitive, however there is plenty of potential for growth as we are growing rapidly, and plenty of work to keep you busy and learning new things everyday. We keep all of our staff members for a long-term basis, some staff have even been with us for 6+ years and counting. We are seeking a candidate who is interested in the bigger picture - working and growing with us in the long-term, not just the short term.
That said, our initial starting budget for this role is budgeted at a $250/month salary + a 10% one-time commission for any sale you bring in to us. Most of your sales will be Dedicated Servers, which typically averages at $150 to $200/month, so your commissions can become very lucrative.
Applicants with previous experience in the web hosting industry is preferred but not required. All we are looking for is a hungry person who is interested in learning and expanding.
Here is a quick recap of the role:
- You will receive a base salary of $250/month with a 10% commission for any sale you bring to us. You can request your base salary be increased after being with the company for a minimum of 6 months.
- You will be posting on Chinese forums/communities on the internet, as well as communicating with our Chinese customers using "QQ" and "WeChat" and of course via email occasionally.
- Must be able to dedicate time to work for us on a 8 hours per day/5 days a week shift - and clock in during those working hours using our time management system called Time Doctor
- Willingness to grow within the company, learn new things and expand knowledge
- Great customer service skills - a "Can Do" attitude
- Must be able to fluently type/read Mandarin Chinese without any translation assistance.
- Previous web hosting industry experience is strongly preferred but not required
If this sounds like you, then please write your proposal :) We look forward to working with you!
** Please DO NOT apply for this job if you do not intend on staying on the job for a while. We are seeking candidates interested in a long-term career path with the company. Some staff have been with our company for 6+ years, and counting! **