I am looking for an electronic/ electrical engineer with experience in embedded software development. The goal of this project is to develop a autopilot for multicopter drones. It can be a quad or hexa, should be flexible with any model. I want the implementer to just develop the software. I will prepare the hardware and ship, The hardware consists of A Pi3 board, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Magnetometer in one board with I2C interface, a Pi camera, GPS sensor with SPI interface. The main objective is to:
1. Develop a robust PID Controller
2. Develop interfaces for I2C, SPI, USB, WiFi data transfer
3. Develop class structure for each sensor.
4. Interface the PID with sensor classes
5. Develop servo / esc controller interface
6. RC control interface
7. A main program to attach all and optimize performance
1. Should be configurable with a Client software in PC connected via WiFI or USB ( Server should run in Pi)
2. Configurable options - Type of copter (quad/hex/etc.)
3. Configurable PID values
Additionally I will ship Servo controller, ESC, motors, propellers, RC board for testing. To bit for this project you must have experience in C++ UML diagrams, C++ library development, Drone working principles, PID control, Control Systems, state space, mathematics, sensor controls.