I am in the process of researching getting instructional videos made for our company. These videos are for patient instruction on how to take samples for home draw lab testing. The animated area is certainly an interesting sphere for us to investigate. The video would I guess likely be around 1min to 1.30, it would follow the procedure outlined in our instructions that accompany the kits, I have included the wording below to give you an idea.
What sort of cost would be looking at and what is the procedure involved? We would be looking at a few to begin with but there is the possibility if successful to look at this for more of the kits that we do.
&acirc;?¢ Collect your sample in the morning within 30 minutes of waking and before eating or drinking anything (except water)
1. Position the filter cards on a suitable surface (below waist level) so the collection circles are facing upwards.
2. Select a finger to draw blood from (middle or ring finger of non-dominant hand is best).
3. Open the sterile gauze ready for later use.
4. Open alcohol prep pad and wipe finger. Allow finger to dry for at least one minute.
5. Pick up a lancet, remove clear cap, push the red end of the lancet firmly against your fingertip to release the needle. Once the needle is released and has made a small puncture in your finger, it will immediately retract and is safe to dispose of.
6. Quickly wipe away the first blood drop with the sterile gauze pad.
7. Using your thumb, gently massage (do not squeeze) the entire length of the pricked finger to form blood drop.
8. As blood drop forms and is ready to fall, touch it to the centre of the circle, continue collection until all circles have been filled. (To fill all the cards you may need to return to step 2, if preferred you can collect the second card the following day).
9. When finished, blot finger with gauze then apply plaster.
10. Leave blood spot cards to dry for a minimum of 4 hours. Once dry, place card to the supplied re-sealable bag. Store in a cool dry place until ready to ship.
TIPS: To encourage blood flow before nicking finger, rub hands together and swing arms and/or run hand under warm water. When collecting ensure your hand is around waist level.
Do not: touch collection area with hands.
Please see the below for an acceptable collection with ALL circles filled and examples of unacceptably collected circles. Card should be saturated through and look like the acceptable examples on both sides