I am interested in developing a membership based website where members vote on three topics per week.
The home page will contain information about the website, a sign-in form (email address and password with an option of keeping the member signed in and a "forgot password" option). A sign up page that has a signup form similar to facebook (requesting the same information). I have created the home page design already in html form (doesn't have sign-in function or current link to sign-up page).
Once signed up/in the members only page will contain the following:
- a personalised welcome message "welcome back Steve! have fun voting on this week's topics" or something similar.
- a small div box where I can give members updates, the website's latest news, results, etc
- a slider gallery below that that will show a pic representing each topic.
- a news ticker above the slider gallery with a short message about each topic.
- below the gallery there are three accordion boxes for each of the three topics, one under the other. each accordion box will contain the following (in each sleeve):
- an image gallery, timed rotating of images (no opition for person to click through images required) and a space for some paragraphs beside it.
- a compact news previewer with links to articles and videos (see here - [url removed, login to view])
- voting panel where the user will vote on the topic. Once voted (one vote per topic per week, if the member leaves and comes back days later it will remember what he/she voted for and prevent further voting. It will also automatically update the results and comments since he/she last logged in) real time results will be displayed in graph form using a database. I have a few jquery voting options for this if you don't.
- a comments panel allowing members to comment on the topic in real time. I also have sourced a few jquery comments boxes that are good.
- a suggestion box where members can submit ideas.
they are the main features, the rest is just css design. I have included a rough draft of the layout that might help. I will be able to use dreamweaver to update the site week to week with new topics, copy, images, etc. I just need the bones constructed for me. Everything that I need I have sourced from the web and is a current jquery plugin. There are a few voting jquery/ajax options out there but if you know a good one...(all I need is a yes or no option.)
Here is the tricky part. I would like the poll results to be displayed in graphs and data to be broken down into "age groups" "country" "male/female". As members have provided this information on sign-up I thought it wouldn't be too hard to draw the info from a mysql database. Maybe voting will be linked to the same database I have containing the member's information???
Thank you for your time and I look forward to your reply!