Integration Paypal authorisation feature into existing website.
How this should work
1) Merchant sets tipping point for deal to go live (e.g Tipping point is when a certain amount of sales of a special offer need to be made in order for the deal to go live...i.e get 50% discount on new pair of Nike shoes (merchant sets tipping point of 20 shoe sales in order for deal to be activated - once 20 sales have been made then the merchant can process payments as mentioned in point 2 below
2) Customer decides to buy item > Enters Paypal checkout and authorises payment.
2) When the TIPPING POINT is reached (this can be any number chosen by merchant) then the deal is finalised. Ie at this stage the merchant can log into the back-end of paypal and process authorised payments.
"Tipping point can be any number set up merchant".
- Sales needs to be registered in backend of website
- Ability for merchant to set tipping point for the sale both in Paypal and backend of website
- When tipping point is reach, merchant can process payments through paypal.
Example of site using tipping point
Below are the following documentations that I have received from Paypal as they do currently offer this functionality and is used by many deals sites. Please note Merchant will manage and process payments through paypal and does not require this functionality in the site. What is required is a stream less process that allows the website to capture the sale details while the customer authorises payment through paypal.
Basically what we need is for the ability for payments to be processed once a tipping point has been reached for a deal (i.e 50 sales and then the sale is valid). Paypal has confirmed that a client can purchase the deal (payment is authorised) and once a particular tipping point has been reached payment can be processed.
Example of tipping point - [url removed, login to view] Click Brisbane - You will see that the deal there is "activated because they have sold a certain amount for it be be available etc....
I have included the below link that Paypal have sent me regarding integrating this to the site.
Authorization & capture information.
[url removed, login to view];content_ID=developer howto_admin_authcapture
[url removed, login to view];content_ID=developer/e_howto_html_authcapture