We are looking for someone to assist us with a data mining and research project.
We have compiled a list of 127 directories of student groups at American colleges. We are looking for a researcher to search these listings and find specific groups.
You will browse each directory to find the following variables about certain organizations. For each organization, you must collect the following info:
1) College Name
2) Organization Name
3) Organization Website
4) General Contact email
5) Personal Contact first name
6) Personal Contact last name
7) Personal Contact email
8) Personal Contact phone (if available)
9) Next Event - Name*
10) Next Event - Date* (Format: mm/dd/yyyy)
11) Notes (optional)
* If they don't have any upcoming events, list the most recent event.
The organizations must meet the following criteria:.
- Must have at least one event for the 2006-7 school year. (September 2006 - June 2007)
- Must have a website that lists their events
- Must provide information for all seven variables above
We are looking for performance and events organizations. Look for groups matching the following criteria:
- Theatre (different spelling)
- Gilbert & Sullivan
- Special Events
Please IGNORE the following groups:
- A Cappella
Tip: many directories list groups by category. In such a case, look for all the groups under "Performing Arts" or "Arts & Entertainment," in addition to "Social Programming" or "Social Events."
Minimum requirement: 1000 complete entries. A bonus of 5 cents will be paid for each additional entry (up to $50).
BIDDING INSTRUCTIONS: Please create a spreadsheet using the eleven variables listed above. Find five groups located at the following URL: [url removed, login to view]