Research on policy and funding related to affordable housing:
1. Research 10 different markets to find their innovative/successful affordable housing solutions.
2. For each market, outline details of approach to making affordable housing more accessible:
- What was the affordable housing problem or concern faced by that country?
- Provide a brief socio-economic and socio-political context that was present in that market when affordable housing policy and/or funding was implemented.
- List details of the approach taken to increase affordability:
a. Include information on the development or regulation of cooperative housing,
b. affordable rental housing, and affordable homeownership,
c. list any other innovative models that don't conform to those 3.
Questions to focus on:
- What was most successful
- What was least successful
- Where the problems still lie
- For each market, list 5 website links (articles) that go into greater detail about that specific market's approach to affordability. These should be your main sources that you use in the summary report for each market.
Plagiarism: It is ok to copy 1-2 sentences as long as the source you are copying is listed in a back page of endnotes. This is intended to be a summary overview based on multiple sources, so copying entire paragraphs is not ok.
Norway (1/2 page, 10pt arial text, written in paragraphs)
Denmark (1/2 page, 10pt arial text, written in paragraphs)
Vienna (1/2 page, 10pt arial text, written in paragraphs)
Sweden (1/2 page, 10pt arial text, written in paragraphs)
New York (Worth 3 markets. 1.5 pages, 10pt arial text, written in paragraphs. Go into great depth)
UK (Worth 3 markets. 1.5 pages, 10pt arial text, written in paragraphs. Go into great depth)
Approximate time TB spent on project: 10 hours.