Golf Swing Analysis Software Concept Development
Thanh toán khi bàn giao
Let’s help people around the world to improve better and faster their golf swing !
Hi, I teach my clients how to access to their personnal golf swing thanks to biomecanics
I'm looking for someone who can build a proof of concept of this software tool, and then work with
me full-time after we validate the proof of concept.
The proof of concept works as follows:
- the user provides three inputs :
- a video with a physical test, he will be seated on a chair, and he turns his upper body while his
Lower body and his head remain still and two other videos of his golf swing ( with a face on view and a down the line view)
- After these 3 videos are converted with AI motion capture.
- the tool will then take the first video and allow the user to know which part of his body should start his golf swing.
- the tool then brings to step 2 to check if from the 2 videos of his golf swing sent, he starts his golf swing activating a rotation from the upper body or the lower body or with arms only according to the result given on step one .
-the tool then asks the user to do a deep practice (swing at very low motion) with a face on view and a down the line view to determine if the first part of the swing called take way is correct or not.
- the tool then will take the user to the next step if it s correct and if it uncorrect, will provide a live session with audio feedback (using voice guidance technology) in deep practice as well.
If I select your bid we can get to work right away. If you have any questions, please mention them
in your bid.
Who I’m looking for
- I am looking for a skilled, experienced developer that can come in full-time on this project after
the proof of concept is validated. I have a big vision for what this can become (see below), and I’m
looking for a long-term collaboration.
- You must be open to communicating progress updates, arising issues, etc. as we go and
ultimately be part of a team after this project shows that we both like working together.
Technical requirements for this project
- All those steps , need » to be done on the client side. This project is ultimately an online tool (it will have a server « backend » to
manage and save golf swings and corrections , but I don’t want to process the user’s video on the server side.
I want the processing to be done in the user’s browser.
- Please write clean documented code. The proof of concept itself doesn’t need a pretty UI (if my
clients like this concept, I will ask a designer to come up with the front-end UI design). But since
this is just the first step of a long-term collaboration, I’d like your code to be well-structured and
separate the HTML structure from any scripts and CSS. This way you don’t have to scrap
everything and start from scratch when we expand the code beyond this « proof of concept »
- The above is important. I’d much rather have an ugly tool with clean code, that we can maintain
and build upon when the concept is validated, rather than a good-looking UI that is a mess under
I expect there should be five screens in the « proof of concept » app, each with one function:
1. The user provides three inputs, then videos are converted on the same screen
[login to view URL] first video converted will be used to measure how much the upper body turns while head and low body are still.
On this screen the RESULT will be given to the user on a dial divided every 10 degrees, the result should be shown on the dial.
if the upper body turns more than 30 degrees on the right side, he has to start his swing by the upper
If if the upper body turns between 0 up to 30 degrees included, he has to start his golf swing with his belt height
3. On the third screen, will be given a golf swing analysis using the 2nd and 3rd video converted, saying that the take away is done correctly are uncorreclty using the wrong part of the body’s user.
4. The user has to provide a face on view golf swing in deep practice (at very slow motion) and a down the line view golf swing that will be converted and automatiquely analysed with the proper part of the body activated.
5. Live session with a down the line golf swing view in deep practice with an audio feedback when it s correct or not and an audio guidance.
- I am leaving to you the choice of technology and framework that you consider best suited to this
project and your skills.
I advised to use a markerless pose estimation to get all lines on each videos sent by user.
The voice guidance.
On each golf swing, will be added automatically all lines thanks You also get to decide how you want to store the « timestamp » information
The ultimate vision (beyond the proof of concept in this Upwork project)
- Here is an example of what is a down the line video converted [login to view URL]
And what is a face on view video converted [login to view URL]
- The goal, with this proof of concept we’re building, is to build something very quick to validate
with my clients that this fits their needs. Once this is validated, we can flesh out a fully working
implementation of the personnal golf swing process and build something tremendously useful.
We can help many people with this tool, and we can have a tremendous impact on the quality of
How to bid on this project (3 items)
- Please provide your hourly/daily rate for full-time work, as well as your estimation of turnaround
time for this specific « proof of concept » project, and estimation of your total time of work (in hours
or days) expected for this project.
- Please indicate which technology you would recommend (server-side and client-side) for you to
implement this project.
- Please provide links to any web applications you have developed in the past. If they are related
to golf then that’s a definitive bonus.
- (optional) Please state any questions you might have and I will gladly respond.
I'm looking forward to your proposal!
ID dự án: #37181750