I have several XML datasources which have quite similar data, although the name of the XML tags is not always completely identical. The XML structure is quite basic, only 2-3 levels of nested data.
I need a freelancer to provide some Delphi 2010 / Firebird 2.1 / FIBPlus / DevExpress components compatible code for integration into another project that does the following:
1. Allow me to select a XML file from the file system
2. Then shows a table which shows:
a. In the left column : the name of the tags included in the database.
b. In right column : a combobox with the name of all fields in a table of the firebird database.
c. The user shall then map the XML tags to the database fields
3. Program must be able to save / load the mapping settings
4. When the user clicks an ‘import’ button the program should then read the XML data into the respective database fields.
a. When doing so, it needs to check if the record already exists. If yes, then need to check if data has changed and update the data on the database with the data from the import XML file if needed, and set a Boolean field IS_UPDATED to TRUE. If no, then create new record and set a Boolean field ‘IS_NEW’ to TRUE.
5. Then the program needs to show a grid (please use DevExpress components) which shows the content of the database table and allows to sort etc by the various columns (all in the usual way provided by DevExpress components, no custom programming required here)
Fixed budget 50 USD, will prefer bidders who can provide a working sample, lots of follow up work if this works. Particularly keen to hear from Russian speaking or Eastern European developers, but will consider developers based anywhere in the world.