We have a production setup using multiple servers/containers using Docker Swarm with Ansible scripts. We are looking to migrate away from swarm to another orchestrator, possibly Hashicorp Nomad/Consul/Caddy, but open to suggestions. Would need either Ansible/Terraform scripts done to be able to recreate/update the infrastructure whenever we need.
- Duplicate (and possibly extend) functionality of current production setup as either Ansible/Terraform scripts. Current setup uses Digital Ocean, Docker Swarm / Compose, a few Node/Nginx and Wordpress containers on multiple droplets, PostgreSQL, Traefik, with Ansible Scripts.
- Looking to migrate from Swarm to possibly Hashicorp Nomad/Consul for discovery if possible, instead of going Kubernetes. I feel the ongoing complexity and scope of K8 isn't something we need. Nomad seems like a simpler middle ground, but open to suggestions.
- Also looking to migrate from Traefik to Caddy as reverse proxy for easier SSL certificate automation. Can discuss in detail after.
- Would also like consultation on High Availability options around current single points of failure, as well suggestions to improve deployment, which is currently done via docker-compose.
- This project will be created on the side, either on Digital Ocean or Hetzner, while the production site is still operational, so no worrying about wrecking live data :)
Ideally you will have worked with all of the mentioned tech and could help us make some educated decisions. Can share more details if this project interests you.