With the sophistication of security breaches increasing every day, relying only on usernames and passwords to secure users' accounts is no longer an option.
We require a Credential Provider DLL V2 where users have to authenticate themselves in two successive stages to access their Windows machines. The first level of authentication is through the usual Windows credentials. The second level of authentication is done Via an API call which will return Success/Failure based on which user will be allowed to access the windows machine.
Success Criteria :-
- User will be allowed to login if the API call gives Success Response.
- User will not be allowed to login if the API call gives Faliure/Timeout Response.
- Enabling a user for MFA should be based on certain configuration which should be controlled at user level.
- Windows 7/8/8.1/10 (64 & 32 Bit)
- Windows server 2016 & 2012 R2 (64 & 32 Bit)
Deliverables will include entire source code and ddl build documentation